[OS X TeX] settcshtexpath trouble

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sat Aug 24 15:02:39 CEST 2002

>Sorry to bother again Gerben, but I reran your installer, and got
>the following error at the very end related to my problem:
>
>	Cannot read login file at
>/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/settcshtexpath
>line 36.
>
>Bruce

Hi Bruce

I got the same error in the install. But the install went OK and I put the
following in my .cshrc

setenv  PATH
"${PATH}:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current"

TeXShop runs fine for me and in Terminal I get

mac2[fred]% which altpdflatex
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/altpdflatex

So I figure any command line stuff will work although I haven't done any!

I should add that I am using a teTeX from maybe  6 months while I wait
for some other software to get update to work with the latest dvips.

Whats not working in your setup ?

Michael

PS. A footnote in case anyone else does what I did. I installed with
the Archive option and
it saves the whole System folder in Previous System Folders.  In
particular it moves
the whole teTeX tree into there where TeXShop cannot find it.
  I think I could have just copied it back but I had reinstalled
it before I realised what had happened.

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
School of Pure Mathematics         Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt