[OS X TeX] Times, Math Pi, and MathTime...

Dave McCollum mccollum at colorado.edu
Wed Aug 7 00:26:17 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am finally decided to convert my Lucida and MathTime font sets for
use with teTeX and TeXShop, as part of my transition to full-time OS
X use.

I have read through the excellent advice posted by Gary Gray, Bruno
Voisin, and everyone else. Thanks!

I have converted all of my Type 1 fonts into both pfa and pfb
formats, though I suspect that I only need the pfb versions. I
understand where the fonts should be put, and I think I understand
that I must run texhash after I set up everything (but I am not
positive about this). I plan on putting the fonts in my ~/Library
hierarchy.

My questions concern the fonts used with MathTime, i.e., Times,
Helvetica, and others. In order to have a "complete" MathTime setup
for teTeX and TeXShop, it seems that I need to also convert my
Helvetica Type 1 font files, my Math Pi Type 1 fonts, and my Times
family of fonts (I have the complete set, including small caps and
OSF). From what I can tell, the afm and tfm files are already in
place in teTeX, but teTeX lacks the Type 1 fonts.

I am pretty sure I understand how to name the Lucida and MathTime
fonts, and where to put them (under a yandy hierarchy, as I plan on
using LY1 font encoding.

Question 1: Is this a correct assessment?

Question 2: There seems to be a Times directory under the yandy
hierarchy for tfm files. Should I name my converted Times pfb files
as listed there, or as listed in the adobe hierarchy?

Question 3: Have I missed anything else?

Thanks in advance. By the way, I will try to summarize the entire
procedure and post it after I finish my transition.

Best regards,

Dave

"help" (no quotes) in the body.