[Mac OS X TeX] labelling graphics using TeXShop/Illustrator

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sat Sep 29 16:43:45 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>On 9/29/01 at 10:34 AM -0400, Jon Guyer wrote:

>As with all things TeX, if it ain't on your page it's on CTAN.
>
>>How portable is it? That is, if I send the figure to a publisher, I
>>assume that the fonts will not be in the figure itself. Portability
>>is rather important for us since we need to be able to exchange
>>figures in manuscripts with a number of people.
>
>You can do a prepass run to label the figures with TeX and then send
>those to your publisher.

Egad! I don't know how you all can keep up with all of this. Just
when I think I am becoming aware of most of what's out there, 20
people tell me that there is this tool that has been around since the
Dark Ages that does exactly what I need. :-)  Thank you for the info.

Off to CTAN ...

--
    Gary L. Gray
    Associate Professor