[Mac OS X TeX] Re: xdvi, TeXShop, and teTeX

David R. Morrison drm at cgtp.duke.edu
Mon Sep 10 23:15:15 CEST 2001

Nicholas Riley wrote:

> I tried the Fink
> package of teTeX, but I could never get it to work.

I would be curious to know what problems you had, perhaps I could help.

> So I tried to compile xdvi.  First I tried the Fink package.  It
> doesn't consult kpathsea for path info, seemingly, so that was out.

Thanks for pointing out that fink's xdvi package had a problem.  This has
now been fixed: you will need to update to tetex-1.0-9 and to xdvi-22.46-2,
and you can get the new versions in the "unstable" directory in fink's CVS
repository.  (They should be the default versions at the time of the next
fink release in a few weeks.)  The xdvi package now modifies the tetex
configuration files appropriately so that it finds fonts correctly with
kpathsea.

  -- Dave Morrison

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.