[Mac OS X TeX] TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=64720]

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sun Nov 11 21:31:36 CET 2001

<x-flowed>>I got this error when running TeXShop with the MarSlide package
>(after seeing a recommendation here).
>
>TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=64720]
>
>I read the teTeX-FAQ and believe I need to edit the texmf.cnf file
>and run texconfig init.
>
>There is no line in texmf.cnf that has 'pool' in it so I added one at the end
>
>pool = 70000
>
>and ran texconfig init but nothing changed.
>
>I am not sure I edited the right texmf.cnf or added the right line
>or even know what I am doing at all.
>
>Any hints would be appreciated.

HI

I think you need the one in

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c

it has  lines

% Max number of characters in all strings, including all error messages,
% help texts, font names, control sequences.  These values apply to TeX and MP.
pool_size.context = 750000
pool_size = 750000
%pool_size = 125000

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt