[Mac OS X TeX] TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=64720]

John Burt burt at brandeis.edu
Sun Nov 11 21:03:52 CET 2001

Usually when you get this error it isn't because the memory capacity is
too small. In the days when TeX came in "small" and "big" sizes, this
sometimes happened, but I think just about everything is "bigTeX" now.
The capacity exceeded error is usually the result of something in your own
TeX code, not a result of the limitation of the capacity of TeX. Changing
the memory capacity won't fix the problem because the memory problem in
your code will eat up as much memory as you have.
John
 On
Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Alan Curtis wrote:

> I got this error when running TeXShop with the MarSlide package
> (after seeing a recommendation here).
>
> TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [pool size=64720]
>
> I read the teTeX-FAQ and believe I need to edit the texmf.cnf file
> and run texconfig init.
>
> There is no line in texmf.cnf that has 'pool' in it so I added one at the end
>
> pool = 70000
>
> and ran texconfig init but nothing changed.
>
> I am not sure I edited the right texmf.cnf or added the right line or
> even know what I am doing at all.
>
> Any hints would be appreciated.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.