[Mac OS X TeX] starting point

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Fri Nov 9 14:29:44 CET 2001

<x-flowed>>I've just moved over from OS 9 and I'm eager to learn more about the Unix
>side of OSX. For the moment I am still running CMacTeX in classic mode,
>but I'd like to move up to the OSX version. Can anyone recommend me a good
>book to learn how to use the Unix features of OSX?
>thanks
>John Burt

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.

Hi John

I don't know of anything specific to MacOS X and UNIX but there
are lots of UNIX books in the bookshops of the `UNIX in 30 seconds'
type.  There are also  some good tutorials and guides around for free
such as those
linked from

http://wks.uts.ohio-state.edu/

Those and knowing that you can get some help by doing

man topic

at a prompt might be a help.

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt