[Mac OS X TeX] CMac Tex

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Sat Nov 3 08:07:21 CET 2001

<x-flowed>>Sorry---correction to this last email. I meant, of course, 11/01/01.

>On Saturday, November 3, 2001, at 01:15 PM, Adrian Heathcote wrote:
>
>>All
>>
>>I'd like to install CmacTex 4.1 but the instructions on the site
>>contain Unix commands that (I understand) we OS X.1 users can't
>>access (what for example is the "Terminal application"?). Can
>>anyone break down the installation instructions into smaller
>>mouthfulls so that a non-Unix user can use them? Your help would be
>>greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Also---as previously said---I could not get an installation of the
>>new 10/1/01 teTeX to work at all. Has anyone else had that
>>problem--or did I not press the install button at the correct angle
>>to the sun?
>>
>>Adrian Heathcote

Hi  Adrian

Grab the pdf file Terminal Basics from

http://homepage.mac.com/rgriff/

that should help.  Any basic book on UNIX would also be OK.

The Terminal application is in the Utilities folder of the
Applications folder.

Michael

Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt