[Mac OS X TeX] CMac Tex

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sat Nov 3 07:00:40 CET 2001

<x-flowed>On Saturday, November 3, 2001, at 03:15 , Adrian Heathcote wrote:

> Also---as previously said---I could not get an installation of the new
> 10/1/01 teTeX to work at all. Has anyone else had that problem--or did
> I not press the install button at the correct angle to the sun?

The customary thing to do in cases like this is to contact the
distributor ;-)

I assume btw that you are talking about my teTeX.dmg, not CMacTex, as
you wrote earlier:

> The fix may be right, but isn't it strange that the previous
> distribution (28/10/01) worked. In fact I've just redownloaded it from
> the texshop website and the problem is now fixed again--margin kerning
> works just as it should!

Which implies to me you have been able to install teTeX.dmg.

The current distribution is: ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/tex-
gs/teTeX-2001-11-01-01-34-47.dmg

There have so far been 2 *reported* cases (since the first release early
summer) of the TeXGSInstaller hanging (that is, reported to me).

- The first case was the consequence of the user having set various tcsh
aliases which interfered with my scripts. This I fixed for the August
release.
- The second case was because the user had changed his Home directory in
NetInfo manager to something ending in a '/'. Why this hangs my
installation, I have not yet investigated, but if it is something that
can be prevented, you can count on it that I will update my distribution.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.