[Mac OS X TeX] T1 font encoding question

Gary L. Gray gray at lpcm.esm.psu.edu
Mon Nov 19 23:21:50 CET 2001

<x-flowed>We recently tried typesetting a file that had a package that appeared
to require the t1enc package through:

\RequirePackage{t1enc}

This did not typeset on my teTeX setup, instead giving me:

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/t1enc.sty
! Font T1/cmr/m/n/10.95=ecrm1095 at 10.95pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
  found.
<to be read again>
                    relax
l.52 \fontencoding{T1}\selectfont

I then proceeded to comment out the above require package command in
the style file and it typeset without trouble.

What is the t1enc package?

Why doesn't it work on my machine and should it?

--
    Gary L. Gray
    Associate Professor

"help" (no quotes) in the body.