[Mac OS X TeX] A simple question and a comment

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Fri May 4 02:08:39 CEST 2001

<x-flowed>

>If any one is interested I can post the details of what I did and show you how
>to compile and install teTeX from the sources on CTAN. Since pdftex is still
>in development and is being updated regularly it is important to
>have the latest version of pdftex, which means building it yourself
>from the sources. The latest
>version of pdftex dates from 4/17. I don't know which version of pdftex is
>included in the teTeX distribution from TeXShop.
>
>Tom Kiffe

I have installed XFree86 and I was
going to try out xdvi for fun but it doesn't seem to be in the TeXShop
teTeX distribution -- thats reasonable you don't need it.  So I would
be interested to learn how you install the full distribution.

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt