MacOSX-TeX Digest #27 - 06/03/01

Mon Jun 4 02:00:02 CEST 2001

MacOSX-TeX Digest #27 - Sunday, June 3, 2001

  TeXShop text ?
          by "Michael Murray" <mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au>
  Re: [Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop text ?
          by "Tom Keyes" <keyes at chem.bu.edu>

Subject: TeXShop text ?
From: "Michael Murray" <mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 21:00:20 +0930

I'm not sure if I've posted the first of these questions before.

If I open a TeXShop file in BBEdit it has lots of little
rectangles. Is this some problem with UNIX versus mac line feeds?

Tonight
I ftped a lot of TeXShop files to my web server - I think they went as binary
I used Interarchy. Then I tested one on the UNIX machine the students
use - none of them will run as the spurious characters are
still there.

The only solution I could find was to cut  from the TeXShop file
paste into BBEdit and then save that.  Then I ftped that onto
the UNIX machine and it was fine.

Anyone got a better solution or an explanation of why this occurs ?

Thanks - Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303 3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt