[Mac OS X TeX] Xfig or like tool

Nick Matsakis matsakis at mit.edu
Sat Dec 8 04:35:28 CET 2001

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Jack Skoda wrote:

>  What do people use for xfig on the mac?  I'm downloading the Fink
> package now but I don't want/need the whole distribution.  I'm just
> looking for something to do illustrations in my thesis...

It isn't free, but if you want beautiful figures that are easy to make and
take full advantage of MacOS X's PDF graphics and high quality fonts get
Omnigraffle.  In addition to the usual complement of vector graphics, you
can also export to bitmap formats for web publications.  Trust me, you
won't be disappointed.  I found it totally worth the price and the
Omnigroup is a great software development house.

http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnigraffle

Nick Matsakis

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.