[lucida] install Lucida Bright OpenType for TeXLive (2024-03-21 release)

hf at hongfeng.ch hf at hongfeng.ch
Mon Mar 25 01:14:57 CET 2024

Good morning, Bruno!

I have got your three emails sent me to yesterday.  Thank you so much.

I did noticed there is a mailing list, and now I've selected the `reply all` to it :)

Just now, I downloaded the tarball `install-tl-unx.tar.gz` from tug.org,
and installed `install-tl-20240324` (the newest release today, good daily building!),
I ticked the `book publishing scheme (core Latex and add-ons)` for the installation
(to use `perl install-tl -gui` is easier for me).

After the completion, I installed the Lucida Bright OpenType font to `texmf-local`
by unzipping, then ran `mktexlsr`, and tried this simple tex file:

```
\documentclass[11pt]{article}

\usepackage{fontspec} % support opentype text fonts
\setmainfont{LucidaBrightOT.otf}  % missed in my last try.

\begin{document}

This document contains examples of the Lucida's OpenType fonts available
through TUG. This is the ``best'' font I am favorite of so far.

\end{document}
```

I issued this command to run:

```
$ lualatex lucidaot
```

It works! I have seen the beautiful Lucida Bright font appeared in the output pdf file!

Next, I wait more hints from you about ConTeXt's support to Lucida Bright OpenType font.

Best,
Hong

2024年3月24日 23:03, "Bruno Voisin" <bvoisin at icloud.com> 写到: