[lucida] Missing \ulcorner and \urcorner glyphs

Kai von Fintel tex at fintel.mailworks.org
Fri May 19 23:38:25 CEST 2023

Lucida Bright Math OT is missing the unicode glyphs that unicode-math maps to \ulcorner and \urcorner. These are common symbols (called "corner quotes") used in logic, philosophy, and linguistics.

I've resorted to various workarounds, including creating little TikZ drawings, but currently just importing those two characters from Latin Modern Math:

\setmathfont{latinmodern-math.otf}[range={"231C-"231D}]

But I'm not sure that this is the best font to borrow these glyphs from. Does anyone have an alternative suggestion?

I suppose this can also serve as a feature request (in accordance with this from the https://www.tug.org/store/lucida/opentype.html page: "If you would like to see particular glyphs or scripts or Unicode blocks added in the future, please email us. No promises, but requests do make a difference").

— Kai.