[lucida] trying to install Lucida Bright / Lucida Bright Expert fonts from floppies

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Wed Aug 18 16:58:36 CEST 2021

> On 18 Aug 2021, at 15:54, Stefan Müller-Pfeiffer <stefan.mueller-pfeiffer at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> I own a couple of floppy disks from the mid of the nineties with Lucida Bright and Lucida Bright Experts fonts.
> I haven't used TeX and LateX for a while and have decided that it is worth to revive it ...
>
> [...]
>
> I don't want to spend 140 USD for a new Lucida Type1 package. Is it possible to get an installation package where
> the copyrighted font outline files (*.pfa or *.pfb) are stripped? Alteratively - is it possible to get a lucida.map file?
>
> Any other ideas which might help?

Hi Stefan,

Have you looked at

	https://www.tug.org/store/lucida/type1.html

It includes links to the installation instructions

	https://www.tug.org/store/lucida/README-type1.txt

to the support files for the fonts (tfm et al, including the map file)

	https://ctan.org/pkg/lucida
	https://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/bh/lucida

(the first link is the ready-to-install package, organised according to the TeX Directory Structure, and the second link the files it's based on), and to the LaTeX package lucidabr

	https://www.ctan.org/pkg/lucidabr
	https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/psnfssx/lucidabr

(same).

Hope this works,