[lucida] Small Caps Bold ç in Lucida type 1 fonts

Pedro Carneiro pedro at magicsquare.org
Mon Dec 21 18:13:30 CET 2020

I've asked this on
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/575868/small-caps-bold-%c3%a7-in-lucida-type-1-fonts
and, according to  egreg's comment, it seems to be a bug in the font.

I'm using the Lucida type 1 fonts in a document written in portuguese.

When I typeset the word 'Definição' in small caps, I get a small caps ç,
but typesetting it in small caps bold, I get just a bold ç.

I suspect that that happens because the Lucida type 1 fonts doesn't have
the ç in small caps bold.

Is there anyway of getting a ç in small caps bold?

|\documentclass{article} \usepackage{lucimatx} \begin{document}
{\scshape Definição \textbf{Definição}} \end{document} |

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Pedro Carneiro