[lucida] lucida fonts and macOS Big Sur Beta

John H Lienhard lienhard at mit.edu
Fri Aug 21 23:46:44 CEST 2020

Hi Folks

Here's another data point:

OS Catalina 10.5.6
2019 MacBook Pro
Fixed width collection in Font Book shows both Lucida Console DK and Lucida Grand Mono DK

	John

On 8/21/20, 5:37 PM, "lucida on behalf of Karl Berry" <lucida-bounces+lienhard=mit.edu at tug.org on behalf of karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

    Hi Michael -- thanks for the report.

    Unfortunately, if Apple makes up new things that fonts have to supply to
    work with their new releases (never heard of "Design Style" before),
    that (a) seems like a poor decision on their part, creating
    widespread gratuitous incompatibilities, and (b) it's not very likely
    that our Lucida will be able to satisfy them any time soon.

    I'll tell Chuck, but don't expect a fix any time soon. Maybe something
    can be reported to Apple, by someone (not me)? --best, karl.
    --
    http://tug.org/lucida/