[lucida] need to manually specify bold/italic fonts with current fontspec

Calum Mackay calum.mackay at cdmnet.org
Mon Jan 21 20:33:43 CET 2019

as an aside…

On 21/01/2019 6:08 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> To avoid having to deal with such traps, the lucidaot distribution includes undocumented fontspec configuration files
>
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidaot/lucidabrightot.fontspec
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidaot/lucidaconsoledk.fontspec
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidaot/lucidagrandemonodk.fontspec
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidaot/lucidasansot.fontspec
> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/lucidaot/lucidasanstypewriterot.fontspec
>
> There's a small doc at the start of lucidabrightot.fontspec that explains how this works. In short, just write
>
> \setmainfont{LucidaBrightOT}
>
> and you're all set for Lucida Bright OT, and similar for the other fonts.

Interestingly, the above does not work, at least in my minimal example:
continues to miss the bold font.

In fact, I thinks that is exactly what I was doing, as the spaces don't
make a difference? The Scale made no difference, in any case.

However, using the pkg does work, so I'll go with that.

thanks again,
calum.