[lucida] need to manually specify bold/italic fonts with current fontspec

Calum Mackay calum.mackay at cdmnet.org
Mon Jan 21 17:19:30 CET 2019

thanks very much for the reply, Herbert,

On 21/01/2019 7:56 am, Herbert Voss wrote:
>  From current fontspec documentation:
>
> "Fonts selected by filename must include bold and italic variants
> explicitly."

Ah! I hadn't spotted that, thanks.

I'd been using the filename so that the font came from my TeX tree,
rather than from my system fonts (which also have Lucida installed), but
I suppose there's no reason to do that?

And if the symbolic name allows for automatic side-loading of the
associated fonts, that's a useful convenience.

Perhaps the lucidaot doc file could stand an update, in this case, since
it seems to imply it should work with filenames and newer fontspec versions?

thanks again.

best regards,
calum.