[lucida] No output after installing Lucida Type 1

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Tue Feb 26 23:04:20 CET 2019

> Le 25 févr. 2019 à 02:00, Pedro A. Marrone G. <pmarroneg at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Good day. Sorry. Latest results. I did as you instructed me to do in last mail:
>
>  updmap-sys --force --syncwithtrees --enable Map=lucida.map
>
> First there was an error message in relation to foo.map and the other one. I say yes to correct it and in the following run no more error, but still does have output

I really don’t know what to say. Your setup seems broken. It seems updmap didn’t do anything in relation to Lucida fonts, so they are still unknown to pdfTeX. The fonts themselves are not broken (I use them often — more the OpenType version than the Type 1 these days), your setup is.

I’ve no idea what the reason can be. The only diagnostics I can think of is, like Norbert suggested,

	kpsewhich psfonts.map

followed by posting the psfonts.map file. Also, what does

	kpsewhich lucida.map

give? I’ve the impression lucida.map is not found. Though I would guess updmap would return an error message in this case, but it doesn’t seem to.

If that’s possible on Windows, when you’re running a command in the Windows command-line interface (I don’t know what’s the name of this interface, on the Mac it would be Terminal), can you copy the command and its output and paste it in the mail message, rather than post a screenshot? The messages would be smaller (in kilobytes), and the output easier to read.

Bruno Voisin