[lucida] No output after installing Lucida Type 1

Pedro A. Marrone G. pmarroneg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:29:09 CET 2019

Good day. Going by parts.

1) Look at the files

d:/texlive/2017/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map
d:/texlive/2017/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map

and see whether you find there the content of lucida.map, which should
start with the lines

% lucida.map
hlcbot8r LucidaTypewriterBoldOblique " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont "
<8r.enc <lbtbo.pfb
hlcbot8y LucidaTypewriterBoldOblique " TeXnANSIEncoding ReEncodeFont "
<texnansi.enc <lbtbo.pfb

I tried to find

These are the files telling dvips and pdftex which font files to use.

I have used find and no luck finding hlcbot8r or hlcbot8y. Nor lucida. I am
including the files just in case you could take a look in the event I am
wrong.

Sorry.

Regards