[lucida] No output after installing Lucida Type 1

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Fri Feb 15 11:37:03 CET 2019

> Le 15 Feb 2019 à 11:29, Pedro A. Marrone G. <pmarroneg at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> 1) Look at the files
>>
>> d:/texlive/2017/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map
>> d:/texlive/2017/texmf-var/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
>>
>> and see whether you find there the content of lucida.map, [...]
>
> I have used find and no luck finding hlcbot8r or hlcbot8y. Nor lucida. I am including the files just in case you could take a look in the event I am wrong.

Thanks. I can confirm there's no trace of lucida.map in your files.

So we know what's happening: your run of

	updmap-sys --force --enable Map=lucida.map

was aborted because of the missing map files (foo.map and newfont.map). Hence pdfTeX doesn't know about the Lucida fonts. No wonder then you had the problems you reported.

If that's indeed the proper explanation, and there are no other problems,

	updmap-sys --force --syncwithtrees --enable Map=lucida.map

should solve the matter.

Bruno Voisin