[lucida] tlluatex-dev repository

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Mar 13 00:33:17 CET 2017

Hi Bruno,

sorry, I think I didn't send attached email to the lucida list or you.

> - Create inside /usr/local/texlive/2016/bin/dev-x86_64 a texmf.cnf containing

Have you seen my post about the easiest solution?

* link texlive/2016/texmf-var/web2c/luatex-dev to texlive/2016/texmf-var/web2c/luatex
* copy the new luatex binaries to
	texlive/2016/bin/x64_64-darwin (or whatver your arch is(
  but name them
  	luatex-dev
	luajittex-dev
* create scripts luatex1, lualatex1, ... that contain the following lines
	#!/bin/sh
	exec luatex-dev -progname=luatex -format=lualatex "$*"
* create TEXMFLOCAL/web2c/fmtutil.cnf containing entries similar to the
  luatex entries, but add the 1 to the progrname, and -dev to the format:
  	dvilualatex1 luatex-dev language.dat,language.dat.lua dvilualatex.ini
	lualatex1 luatex-dev language.dat,language.dat.lua lualatex.ini
* call fmtutil-sys --missing  or fmtutil-sys --by-fmt luatex-dev

That's all. I have also a repo, but for now only for Linux.

I can easily add universal-darwin binaries if someone sends me them
(not available on the context download page AFAIS!).

> Really, I don't think this all is worth the effort: I just made a rather rhetorical comment originally, about not being able to replace momentarily the binaries in TeX Live by newer development versions without touching the main  texlive tree. I had not at all given thought then, how this could be compatible with the texlive architecture.

As said, with the tlmgr repository I created it is as simple as installing a package.

THe firs step about linking needs only be done once, and I will adjust fmtutil
that this is caught automatically.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer