[lucida] Lucida installation problem

David Saunders david at symplectic.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 08:40:20 CEST 2017

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions; I'll work through the messages
this morning and report back with the results.

Can I say, though, that I'm pretty certain there was no earlier version
of TeX on this machine, and that my installation of TeX Live yesterday
was the first (and only) copy. To check this, I've looked at my wife's
laptop, which runs the same OS version (Lubuntu 16.04.2). There's no
directory texmf anywhere on her machine, and on trying to run TeX I get

$ tex -v
The program 'tex' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt install texlive-binaries

The point is that Lubuntu is meant as a "lightweight" version of Ubuntu,
with only a minimum of preinstalled software. So I'm pretty sure that my
machine, brand-new on Wednesday when I installed Lubuntu 16.04.2, would
have given the same response.

Best wishes

David