[lucida] Lucida OpenType installation problem

Robert Almgren almgren at cims.nyu.edu
Tue Jul 1 13:57:21 CEST 2014

I have purchased the very nice Lucida font set in OpenType format from TUG, and I seem to have a problem with installation. If I try to compile the example file with "xelatex lucidaot" I get the following error (complete output attached):

! Missing endcsname inserted.
<to be read again>
                   dimexpr
l.184 ...o{\mbox{\small \code{LucidaBrightMathOT}}
                                                  }$$

This is on MacOSX 10.9.3 (latest version, fully updated), with TeXShop but this example is run from the command line. I believe I have fully followed the installation instructions:

(1) unzip the supplied file into /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
(2) sudo mktexlsr

I can compile my own files including basic math but I am concerned that this error indicates some problem in the installation which might bite me later.

Advice gratefully appreciated.
                                          --Robert Almgren
--
NYU Mathematical Finance           http://cims.nyu.edu/~almgren