[lucida] Problems with Installation

ulrike demske udemske at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 24 21:48:50 CEST 2013

I did controll the places and changed the position of the source folder. I also tried "kpsewhich lucida.map" which gave no results at first. As soon as I changed the folder 'tex-local' to 'tex-var', there was a result, cf. below. The usual routine however brought the very same results:

ulrikes-imac:~ udemske$ sudo -H mktexlsr

mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2012/../texmf-local/ls-R...

mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf/ls-R...

mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-config/ls-R...

mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/ls-R...

mktexlsr: Updating /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-var/ls-R...

mktexlsr: Done.

ulrikes-imac:~ udemske$ sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

updmap is using the following updmap.cfg files (in precedence order):

  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg

  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg

  /usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/web2c/updmap.cfg

/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-config/web2c/updmap.cfg unchanged.  Map files not recreated.

updmap: Updating ls-R files.

ulrikes-imac:~ udemske$ kpsewhich lucida.map

/Users/udemske/Library/texlive/2012/texmf-var/fonts/map/dvips/lucida/lucida.map

Obviously, after changing from texmf-local to texmf-var, the system finds lucida.map. Why it doesn't find the rest remains mysterious with me. Running a tex file gave no output.
Ulrike