[lucida] alle jahre wieder --- suggestions to improve http://tug.org/store/lucida/README-type1.txt

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jul 24 00:54:19 CEST 2013

    had modified updmap-sys such that it sets $HOME to root's home on launch.

We made the change in updmap, not updmap-sys.
My general point remains unchanged, in any case.
Not everyone is using the latest updmap, therefore it is safer to keep
the -H in the instructions.

As for debugging: we have all spent far more time on updmap-related
madness than we want to.  Problems always remain.  What I always want to
get to the bottom of is where the instructions can/need to be changed.
In this and most past cases, that remains a mystery, to me anyway.

karl