[lucida] Large braces, question and/or feature request

Tobias Columbus tobias.columbus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 18:58:36 CEST 2013

Hi Bruno,

Wow, thanks for your efforts, also wrt to your previous experiments!
However, that does not look very promising. In particular, the hack in
Braces-MTP2.tex for large curly braces made me understand that it is not
easy to obtain large curly braces in TeX.

Looking at your examples, it seems to me that an OpenType font feature for
small straight braces is the cleanest solution that gives a consistent look
of braces of all sizes and requires the least fiddling with TeX internals,
although this solution would change the look of Lucida Math considerably.
But again, I do not really have a clue about OpenType or font features and
this is just a wild guess.

Tobias