[lucida] Large braces, question and/or feature request

Barbara Beeton bnb at ams.org
Tue Apr 2 17:57:58 CEST 2013

dear tobias,

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013, Tobias Columbus wrote:

    Dear list members,

    I have a question regarding large braces in Lucida Math. There are two
    types of braces: "Curly" braces (007B, 007D) and extensible "straight"
    braces (23A7-23A9, 23AB-23AD). I recently encountered a situation that
    looked strange to my eye: Two braces of almost the same size occurred on
    the same page; one of them was of the curly and the other was of the
    straight type. I produced an example in ConTeXt that is attached to the
    following message that I sent to the ConTeXt mailing list:
    http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2013/072151.html Sorry for (nearly)
    cross-posting, by the way.

sadly, all the attachments to the message
you've cited have this notation:
  A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
so it's not possible to look at them.

    However, I strongly suspect that it would be technically impossible to make
    the large braces look like the curly ones. Am I right? Would it then be
    possible to add some font feature that switches the small braces to look
    like the large ones?

hard to answer without knowing what we
should be looking at.

(i'm not a context user, but some ams