[lucida] Large braces, question and/or feature request

Tobias Columbus tobias.columbus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 17:23:39 CEST 2013

Dear list members,

I have a question regarding large braces in Lucida Math. There are two
types of braces: "Curly" braces (007B, 007D) and extensible "straight"
braces (23A7-23A9, 23AB-23AD). I recently encountered a situation that
looked strange to my eye: Two braces of almost the same size occurred on
the same page; one of them was of the curly and the other was of the
straight type. I produced an example in ConTeXt that is attached to the
following message that I sent to the ConTeXt mailing list:
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2013/072151.html Sorry for (nearly)
cross-posting, by the way.

However, I strongly suspect that it would be technically impossible to make
the large braces look like the curly ones. Am I right? Would it then be
possible to add some font feature that switches the small braces to look
like the large ones?

Tobias