[lucida] Lucida Bright installation trouble on Debian

Michael Palmer mpalmer at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Aug 10 23:06:48 CEST 2009

Thanks - that set me on the right track.

On August 10, 2009 04:37:56 pm Karl Berry wrote:
>     pdfTeX warning: pdflatex (file hlcrima): Font hlcrima at 570 not found
>
> The Lucida fonts aren't in your pdftex.map file
> (/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map for
> you, or something similar).  It is the
>   updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map
> command which should have added them.  And yes, it should have worked
> fine in TL'07.

It did - the Lucida font entries were present in the pdftex.map.

Turns out that I had multiple pdftex.map files lying around - one in a texmf
tree I hadn't known even existed ($HOME/.texmf-var - screw all these hidden
folders).

After uprooting that tree, everything works. Thanks everyone for your help!

--
Michael Palmer
Department of Chemistry

Phone: (519) 888 4567 ext 35100