[lucida] Problems Installing Lucida Fonts in TeXLive
karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 2 23:12:08 CET 2007
1. Download the Lucida support files from CTAN.
2. Unfortunately that zip file has a top-level "lucida" directory. That
will confuse things. So unzip it, cd lucida, and then make a new zip
(or whatever starting at the next level, with doc/, fonts/, etc.)
3. Unpack that new zip file in the texmf-local directory TL is using.
By default it's /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local, but I imagine Suse
4. mkdir fonts/type1/bh/lucida, put the pfb files from Y&Y there. No
need to rename them.
5. Run mktexlsr.
6. Run sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map
Hope this flies.
P.S. By the way, the directory structure in TL is not "completely"
different than what was in teTeX, unless Suse has gone bananas changing
More information about the lucida