[lucida] Installing Lucida on a Macintosh

Vic Norton vic at norton.name
Wed Jul 25 02:31:25 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I just signed up for the Lucida list. I'll probably drop out shortly.

I was trying to figure out how to install the complete Lucida package
on a Macintosh. Thanks to Gary Gray of the OS X TeX group I have been
able to install the package successfully.

Here are the steps that worked for me:
    1. I downloaded 'lucida-complete.zip'.
    2. I moved this file to my '~/Library/texmf' directory
       and changed to this directory in terminal.
       Then the terminal command
          unzip lucida-complete.zip
       put everything in its proper place.
    3. Now the command
          sudo mktexlsr ~/Library/texmf
       created the appropriate 'ls-R' file.
    4. The final command was what I was missing. This is what Gary Gray
       supplied. I needed the command
          sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map
       to install the Lucida package. Now all Lucida fonts are
available.

Regards,

Vic