[lucida] Problems with lucida on mac os

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 8 20:49:17 CEST 2006

    leads to complete nonsense, eg there is no phi, no integral sign
    etc.  Also euro and copyright are fine, but the bullet point comes as
    a full stop.
    Is anybody there who can me point into the right direction ?

First, Josep's "sudo mktexlsr" is definitely needed.

Second, I wonder if your TeX is finding the correct version of
lucidabr.sty.  Try running kpsewhich lucidabr.sty.  The resulting
file should identify itself as
  2005/11/29 v4.3

Another possibility is that an incomplete/old version of lucida.map was
found.  Try running
  kpsewhich psfonts.map
  kpsewhich pdftex.map
(Are you using latex+dvips, or pdflatex? Do you get the same results
with both?)

The .map files need to have all the entries from the lucida.map that's
in the TUG package, also on CTAN:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/psfonts/bh/lucida/fonts/map/dvips/lucida.map

    Do I miss any math package ?

No, there is no separate math package.

Hope something in that helps.

Sorry for the trouble,
karl

P.S.  Josep, the "-H -u root" is ok, as far as I can imagine; -H says to
set $HOME (and thus ~ expansion) to the home directory of the target
user, and -u says to set the target user to root (already the default).