lucida] Re: Lucida installation with RPM

Andreas Scherer andreas_tug at freenet.de
Sat Dec 17 19:56:33 CET 2005

Hello group,

> I hope that "lucida.spec" might be useful for others who acquire the Lucida
> distribution. Of course, I would like to get feedback and possible
> improvements.
After digesting lucida-sample.pdf coming with lucida-complete.zip I discovered
that much of the material is already present on a teTeX system such as
OpenSUSE 10.0.

Instead of extending lucida.spec I stripped down the installation to make use
of what's already present on the target system:
(a) Only the non-free font outline files and the additional documentation and
licensing information by TUG are actually installed (in $TEXMFLOCAL).
(b) The LaTeX macros, font definitions, and font mappings are all used from
the "tetex" package of OpenSUSE.

So, I would like to present a reduced lucida.spec file that extracts only the
commercial part of lucida-complete.zip into a personal RPM for local
installation. Michael's suggestions have not yet been considered though.

Cheers
--
Andreas Scherer
Eichendorffstraße 2, 10115 Berlin, Germany