[luatex] segfault with luatex id 7509

Henri Menke henri at henrimenke.de
Mon Oct 3 18:52:25 CEST 2022

On Mon, 2022-10-03 at 18:02 +0200, luigi scarso wrote:

> > > confirmed, I will check it this evening.
> >
> > Could you find the cause of the problem?  For backwards
> > compatibility
> > I'm interested in a work-around...
> >

> At the moment your code here works as with luajittex
> and also luatex with the luatex-plain seems to be ok.
> $> mtxrun --script plain notation.texi
> (I have to add @bye to the end of notation.texi)
>
> Use
> $> mtxrun --script plain --make
> to build the luatex-plain format.

I was also able to reproduce the issue only on the first run. When I
observed the segfault, I wanted to run it again with a debugger
attached but any subsequent run did not expose the issue.  So my first
guess is that this has to do with on-the-fly creation of font maps,
which---once created---are reused and therefore it doesn't fail the
second time. If I find the time I'll try again in a containerized
environment where I can easily restart from a clean slate.

Cheers, Henri