[luatex] annoying locale error

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Thu Nov 10 13:14:20 CET 2022

On 10/11/2022 09:44, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Oh, I'm not talking about programming languages!  It's rather that in
> locales you have to use `_` *and* `-`, and it's easy to mix them up.
>
> For example, a call to `locale` on my GNU/Linux box gives
>
> ```
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_NAME="en_US.UTF_8"
> LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=
> ```
>
> I've introduced a typo in the above listing – did you notice it?
Yes, almost immediately — LC_NAME="en_US.UTF_8".  But this /is/ a
programming language, albeit a simplistic and declarative one.  I don't
know what its name is, but it is presumably the programming language of
one of the various Unix-derived command-line interpreters ...

/--
** Phil./