[luatex] extreme slow down using pre release TL 2022 with lualatex

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 18 09:21:44 CET 2022

On 3/18/2022 1:11 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi wrote:

> After adding more problems, I see the slow down.

could be a memory issue (if lua is used, maybe the garbage collector)

> May be because I am running this inside Ubuntu under windows 10
> Linux subsystem this slow down happens. I do not know. I only have
> one PC now. I need to go buy a new PC and install
> Linux on it and try again to see if this is the cause.
should be no problem, but it can depend on what vatiant you use:

wls 1 : fast disk access accross os boundaries
wls 2 : faster disk access inside vm, much slower across

(so if you access files via /mnt/c then use a wls 1 machine)

but it is more likely that the slowdown relates to (your) macros or
approach to the problem because there have been no changes in the engine
that affect memory, node / token comsumption, or logging, but it can be
you just cross some critital border now.