[luatex] extreme slow down using pre release TL 2022 with lualatex

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Thu Mar 17 20:52:47 CET 2022

Hello Nasser,

do you still have this issue?

I run luajithbtex 1.12 (slightly different versions on different machines) without problems, but I do have problems with macOS arm64 1.15.

Sometimes the process runs fine, but most of the time it gets stuck using full CPU. I cannot reproduce this, this does not happen all the time.

Since I do have a very special setup, it is difficult to locate the error.

I still need to do some more testing with 1.15 on other machines (linux for example) to help any further tracking down of this issue.

This can be on my side, of course. I don't want to blame LuaTeX for this at all. All I can do is to state my observations.

Patrick