[luatex] runtime

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 22:09:25 CET 2022

On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 9:47 PM Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de>
wrote:

> Am 24.02.22 um 21:03 schrieb luigi scarso:
> >

> > On Thu, Feb 24, 2022 at 8:59 PM Herbert Voss
> > <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >
> >     Hello all,
> >
> >     I am running lualatex with package pdfpages to insert
> >     970 pages of another document:
> >
> >     It takes a lot of time:
> >
> >     real    4m31.530s
> >     user    3m30.000s
> >     sys     0m58.771
> >

> >     running it with pdflatex:
> >
> >     real    0m27.802s
> >     user    0m24.902s
> >     sys     0m2.028s
> >

> > Can you test with an equivalent plain luatex file ?
>

> How can I insert a single page of a multipage pdf document with luatex?
>
> Herbert

something like this, with mtxrun --script plain test.tex

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%
%% test.tex
%%
\outputmode=1
\edef\pdfcompresslevel {\pdfvariable compresslevel}
\edef\pdfminorversion{\pdfvariable minorversion}

\let\pdfximage\saveimageresource
\let\pdfrefximage\useimageresource
\let\pdflastximage\lastsavedimageresourceindex

\pdfminorversion=7
\pdfcompresslevel=0

\topskip0pt

%% insert page 10 from luatex.pdf
\pdfximage width \hsize height \vsize page 10
{luatex.pdf}\relax\hbox{\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage}\relax\eject

\bye

--
luigi