[luatex] different formatting for asme2e template

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 22:44:40 CET 2022

Assuming the conference organisers allow luatex at all (combining articles
to make a combined journal proceedings is more complicated if different
papers require different engines)
The simplest workaround is to add

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

after the documentclass line and use the same legacy fonts as in pdftex.
The class uses the times package (which is deprecated even for pdflatex and
doesn't really make a lot of sense for luatex at all, but if that's the
font they want, that will make it available in luatex.

A better fix (if the organisers allow it) would be to use opentype Times
clones, such as adding

\usepackage{unicode-math}
\setmainfont{TeX Gyre Termes}
\setmathfont{Stix Two Math}