[luatex] Adding a callback before trailing spaces are removed from a line of input

Eduardo Ochs eduardoochs at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 13:03:47 CEST 2021

Hi Vitek,

I am the author of this package,

  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tug-slides.pdf
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/tugboat-rev2.pdf
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6.html

that uses Lua to read material from the _comments_ of the current .tex
file. I think that what you need can be implemented easily on top of
this single-file version of the core of dednat6,

  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/dednat6/minimalcore.lua.html
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/dednat6/minimalcore.lua
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/demo-core.tex.html
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/demo-core.tex
  http://angg.twu.net/dednat6/demo-core.pdf

that only implements the code that interprets each block of lines
starting with "%L" as a chunk of Lua code...

If this looks interesting to you, please get in touch! I took a
quick look at your markdown.dtx and I got the impression that 1) it
would be trivial to make my minimalcore.lua read the markdown code in
fencedCode blocks and make TeX skip over it, and that 2) it would be
easy to port the ideas from the prototype made with minimalcore.lua to
your markdown package.

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/contact.html