[luatex] lualatex cannot process paths containing a tilde (~) correctly

Matthias Deeg mail at md.sy.gs
Thu Nov 26 11:46:16 CET 2020

Hello Philip,

I did not expect that the command line argument TEXNAME is interpreted
as TeX, but simply as a path within the used file system (e.g. NTFS or
ext4) where ~ is valid character.

So what I have expected was lualatex opening, reading, and processing
the file provided via the TEXNAME argument. Thus, there shouldn't be a
different behavior concerning the following two commands using different
paths:

lualatex "/home/matt/reports/test~report/report.tex"