[luatex] Who maintains lua codes for luaotfload for luatex (without hb)?

Ulrike Fischer luatex at nililand.de
Sat May 30 14:50:14 CEST 2020

Am Fri, 29 May 2020 19:35:01 +0200 schrieb Petr Olsak:

> Sorry, I am still lost. There is luatex (with plain-like format) ready
> in TeXlive 2020. When the lua code from tex/luatex/luaoffload is used by
> this luatex command, where is source of such codes?

Sorry to have confused you.

If you look at the folder tex/luatex/luaotfload you will find two
sets of lua-files: files starting with "fontloader" and files
starting with "luaotfload".

The "fontloader" files are the core files handling the font loading.
They are imported from context.

The "luaotfload" files are wrapper files that allow to use the
context files (and now also the harfbuzz library) with latex and
plain tex. They also add some additional features.

Problems with the fontloader files should be reported to the context
maintainer (there is no real git account for this part of the code
currently only a mirror, so report to the mailing list), problems
with the luaotfload files should be reported to us, problems with
the harfbuzz library to the harfbuzz project.

A good test to decide to which part a problem belongs is to test the
font with context: if the font doesn't work there either, it is
quite probable that it is a fontloader problem.

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/