[luatex] What changed in today's pretest update?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 13 22:08:19 CET 2020

> On Mar 13, 2020, at 12:08 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> I using TeX Live 2020 pretest via MacTeX and all updates to date.
>
> I have a test file (that uses an external library) that used to compile fine when either using lualatex (->luahbtex) directly or with the extra layer of using latexmk to run lualatex. With today's update suddenly the direct compile seems to run fine but using latexmk fails. I wonder what changed in the latest update which involved many binaries.
>
> <LuaCodeTest.zip>
>
> I enclose the test example I used. It was published a while ago (last year?).
> Basically it writes `Hello World' to the Console and log file. I'm sorry but I don't have source for the library; maybe the author is on-line and can supply it if needed.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

I have discovered two things:

Running lualatex fails in the same way as using latexmk!!!

More importantly, using --shell-escape for the lulatex run allows the file to compile. This also works for the latexmk run by forcing --shell-escape for its run of lualatex.

PS: I didn't have to use --shell-escape before.