[luatex] Problems with LuaTeX 1.0.8

Krishnakumar Gopalakrishnan krishnak at vt.edu
Sat Feb 9 13:07:03 CET 2019

I can confirm this kind of drastically different behaviour between luatex
1.07 and 1.09.

The line breaking within certain paragraphs seem to be inferior ever since
luatex 1.08 which I noticed in my PhD thesis (which I wrote in LaTeX format)

In a small article-sized document, you may not be able to notice this
different behaviour.

I know that this mailing list needs a plaintex or context example, but I am
unfortuantely not familiar with that.

Anyway, the only reason I am writing here now is to re-affirm that the
reported behaviour by the OP is not a one-off case.

Regards,
Krishna