[luatex] \pdfcompresslevel

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 01:28:28 CEST 2018

Henri Menke wrote on 09/30/2018 05:06 PM:

>> How do I change the old command:
>> \pdfcompresslevel=0
>> so that it works in luatex? Currently, luatex gives the error "Undefined
>> control sequence" when it encounters the above line.
>
> Define \pdfcompresslevel as shown in the LuaTeX manual and then use it
> as before, i.e.
>
> \edef\pdfcompresslevel{\pdfvariable compresslevel}
> \pdfcompresslevel=0

Ah! So that's what the documentation means. The English was not, I am afraid,
very clear, at least to me. Thank you very much for the explication.

> Mandatory reading: https://tug.org/TUGboat/tb37-1/tb115hagen-pdf.pdf

I'm afraid that that wasn't clear either (to me). It's one of those cases
where if you already know the answer, then what the words mean is undoubtedly
obvious; but if you don't, it's not :-(

  Doc

--
Web:  http://enginehousebooks.com/drevans