[luatex] "binary" marker missing in luatex 1.09, Development id: 6884

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sun Aug 12 13:58:39 CEST 2018

On 08/12/2018 11:48 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> Am Sun, 12 Aug 2018 11:30:03 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>> (i don't have these iso standards
>> as i'm not going to spend money on iso standards)
>
> One can see quite a number of rules here:
>
> https://github.com/veraPDF/veraPDF-validation-profiles/wiki/PDFA-Part-1-rules

I think this is also included in the PDF spec
(https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/pdf/PDF32000_2008.pdf#page=48):

    If a PDF file contains binary data, as most do (see 7.2, "Lexical
    Conventions"), the header line shall be immediately followed by a
    comment line containing at least four binary characters—that is,
    characters whosecodes are 128 or greater. This ensures proper
    behaviour of file transfer applications that inspect data near the
    beginning of a file to determine whether to treat the file’s
    contents as text or as binary.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--