[luatex] Indic scripts

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Wed Apr 18 19:34:55 CEST 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 09:22:21PM -0400, Mike Maxwell wrote:
> On 3/25/2018 11:20 AM, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
>> luaffi and similar experiments are an effort to create an interface
>> between LuaTeX and libraries such as HarfBuzz; they are not about making
>> LuaTeX use HarfBuzz (or similar).
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  Perhaps by "making LuaTeX use
> HarfBuzz", you mean forcing it to use only HarfBuzz.  If that's what you
> mean, no worries; as long as I could turn on its use of HarfBuzz (whether by
> command line parameter or a TeX command), that would be fine.

  No, I meant that LuaTeX still won’t support complex scripts natively.
There needs to be quite a lot of support from the macro package, and of
course HarfBuzz needs to be available as a library, which I don’t see
happening any time soon in TeX Live.  Now that the article is available
publicly, you can check for yourself: https://www.guitex.org/home/images/ArsTeXnica/AT023/arstexnica23.pdf
pp. 70-76.

	Best,

		Arthur